.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Heart Run



I am such a slacker. I look at all these fabulous, regularly updated blogs, and I just can't keep up. Now that our Hobags blog is out there on the knitter's tea swap, I feel like I should make more of an effort to post. As summer comes to Alaska, I feel less and less like crafting. We have to take advantage of every single day of sunshine or moderately warm weather (i.e., 50 degrees in the spring). Summer is SO short here, I feel guilty for each minute I spend inside or not being active.

On that note, instead of crafty things, I am posting pictures from a heart run my family did with some other folks from my office. It was a good time. Teagan rode in a borrowed jogging stroller for about half the run (it's a 5K, and more of a walk than a run since it is the biggest in Anchorage at nearly 7,000 people this year!), then she walked/ran for the rest. So we came in towards the end of the crowd. But what an unbelievable Alaska spring day!! We spent the rest of the day cleaning up our front yard, then going to watch the Alaska Aces game (hockey) on tv at a friends house. By then it was cloudy, so no more guilt for being inside. Teagan and I did go jump on a gigantic trampoline, which she loved. Until I bounced her too hard, causing her to bite her tongue. Ooops.


I forgot, I do have something crafty to post. It's for my good friend in San Diego...next post!!! Signing out! Tara

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhiannon said...

Tara - I love the shirts, you did a good job on designing them. Teagan is cute, as always, but that should be me holding her hand.

Your Sad Sister in Fresno

12:00 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Thanks for the tip Tara! And I can understand (partially) about the sieze-the-sunny-day attitude :o) as I lived in Nothern Minnesota most of my life, before moving to TN.

You look like you have a wonderful blog started here too! Great to see you in on the tea swap :o)

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home